The Leading European Event on Bio-Inspired Computation.
Copenhagen, Denmark, 8-10 April 2015
Call for papers:
Evolutionary Algorithms in Energy Applications
Along with the worldwide incentive to reduce fossil and nuclear based power generation, the number of distributed generators and other forms of distributed energy resources which are installed in power networks has been steadily increasing over the last years. This increased integration has triggered a transformation of the energy system and challenges the conventional operation of these networks.
On a network level, this transformation requires new control and communication approaches, to guarantee the security of energy supplies as well as an optimal exploitation of available resources. On a generator level, advanced control strategies as well as morphological optimization (e.g., tuning of wind-blade design) can help to assure an optimal performance of the generator.
EvoEnergy is intended as a platform for new, innovative computational intelligence and nature-inspired techniques in the domain of energy-related optimization research. We seek contributions ranging from new control concepts for decentralized generation, strategies for their coordination in the network to the morphological optimization of distributed generators.
TopicsTopics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- management of distributed generation and storage
- evolutionary design and morphological optimization in energy systems
- advanced distribution management system functionalities
- Smart Grid monitoring and control
- real time configurations of energy networks
- distributed optimization in energy networks
- grid planning and asset management
- energy demand reduction through evolutionary design optimization
Accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of EvoStar, published in a volume of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, which will be available at the Conference.
Submissions must be original and not published elsewhere. The submissions will be peer reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. The authors of accepted papers will have to improve their paper on the basis of the reviewers comments and will be asked to send a camera ready version of their manuscripts. At least one author of each accepted work has to register for the conference and attend the conference and present the work. The reviewing process will be double-blind, please omit information about the authors in the submitted paper.Submission format: Springer LNCS
Please provide up to five keywords in your Abstract
Page limit: 12 pages
JournalBest papers will be invited for a Special Issue to be edited with the Journal of Renewable Energy, Elsevier, 5 year IF: 3.456 (http://tinyurl.com/si-energy). The SI is organized by IEEE TF on Computational Intelligence in the Energy Domain.
- Submission deadline: 15 November 2014
- Notification: 07 January 2015
- Camera ready: 21 January 2015
- EvoENERGY: 08-10 April 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Paul Kaufmann, University of Paderborn, paul.kaufmann(at)gmail.com
- Kyrre Glette, University of Oslo, kyrrehg(at)ifi.uio.no
Confirmed program committee
- Konrad Diwold, Siemens, Vienna, Austria
- Ralph Evins, Laboratory of Building Science and Technology, Empa, Switzerland
- Oliver Kramer, University of Oldenburg, Germany
- Chenjie Ma, Fraunhofer Institute for Wind and Energy System Technology, Kassel, Germany
- Ingo Mauser, FZI Karlsruhe, Germany
- Martin Middendorf, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Maizura Mokhtar, University of Sheffield, UK
- Sanaz Mostaghim, University of Magdeburg, Germany
- Frank Neumann, University of Adelaide, AU
- Peter Palensky, Technical University of Delft, Netherlands
- Cong Shen, University of Kassel, Germany
- Bernhard Sick, University of Kassel, Germany
- Andy Tyrrell, University of York, UK
- Markus Wagner, University of Adelaide, AU
Notification: 07 January 2015
Camera-ready: 21 January 2015
Early registration discount:01 March 2015
Registration deadline:31 March 2015
EvoStar dates: 8-10 April 2015