The Leading European Event on Bio-Inspired Computation.
Porto, Portugal, 30 March - 1 April 2016
Call for papers:
Application of Nature-inspired Techniques for Communication Networks and other Parallel and Distributed Systems featuring a fast-track option for Applied Soft Computing journal
EvoCOMNET solicits contributions dealing with the application of ideas from natural processes and systems to the definition, analysis, and development of novel sequential, parallel, and distributed evolutionary computation approaches to the solution of problems of practical and theoretical interest in all domains related to network systems. Use and tuning of hybrid computational approaches based on evolutionary techniques are also welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Communication systems: Telecommunication, mobile, satellite, voice, and optical communications, Distributed inference and cooperative communication systems, Network analysis and design, Switching and Routing
- Networks: Sensor networks, Mobile ad hoc networks, Peer-to-peer networks, Distributed search and computing in peer-to-peer networks, Network protection systems, Network robotics and sensor-actor networks
- Network-related issues: Parallel and distributed optimization algorithms, Grid and cloud computing, Load balancing, routing, scheduling, and mapping in network-based computing systems, Quality-of-service provisioning, Distributed data mining
- Abstract network systems: Transportation, Supply, Logistics, Traffic management and simulation, Social network systems, Financial and economic network systems
- Real-world implementations
Submissions must be original and not published elsewhere. They will be peer reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. The reviewing process will be double-blind, so please omit information about the authors in the submitted paper.
Submit your manuscript in Springer LNCS format.
Please provide up to five keywords in your Abstract
Page limit: 16 pages.
Accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of EvoStar, published in a volume of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, which will be available at the Conference. The authors of accepted papers will have to improve their paper on the basis of the reviewers comments and will be asked to send a camera ready version of their manuscripts. At least one author of each accepted work has to register for the conference and attend the conference and present the work.
Furthermore, a selection of the best accepted papers, suitably revised and extended, will be eligible for fast-track publication in Applied Soft Computing journal by Elsevier (Impact Factor 2.810), thanks to the technical sponsorship offered by the World Federation on Soft Computing.
FURTHER INFORMATIONFurther information on the conference and co-located events can be found in: http://www.evostar.org.
EvoCOMNET track chairs
- Ivanoe De Falco ICAR/CNR, Italy
- Antonio Della Cioppa University of Salerno, Italy
- Ernesto Tarantino ICAR/CNR, Italy
- Fabio D'Andreagiovanni (Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany)
- Antonios Gasteratos (Democritus University of Thrace, Greece)
- Jin-Kao Hao (University of Angers, France)
- Rolf Hoffmann (Technical University Darmstadt, Germany)
- Graham Kendall (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Farrukh Aslam Khan (National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Pakistan)
- Kenji Leibnitz (National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan)
- Davide Marocco (University of Naples, Italy)
- Domenico Maisto (ICAR-CNR, Italy)
- Roberto Montemanni (IDSIA, Switzerland)
- Robert Schaefer (University of Science and Technology, Poland)
- Sevil Sen (Hacettepe University, Turkey)
- Chien-Chung Shen (University of Delaware, USA)
- Georgios Sirakoulis (Democritus University of Thrace, Greece)
- Pawel Topa (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland)
- Marco Villani (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy)
- Jaroslaw Was (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland)
- Tony White (Carleton University, Canada)
- Nur Zincir-Heywood (Dalhousie University, Canada)
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 11 November 2015
(site remains open for final changes until 15 Nov)
Notification: 4 January 2016
Camera-ready: 18 January 2016
Mandatory registration per paper: 15 February Student bursary deadline: 20 February
Early registration discount: 25 February 2016
Registration deadline: 24 March
EvoStar dates: 30 March - 1 April 2016