The Leading European Event on Bio-Inspired Computation.
Porto, Portugal, 30 March - 1 April 2016
Call for papers:
Computational Intelligence for Risk Management, Security and Defence Applications
In this edition of EvoRISK we put special focus on minimising the risks posed by unreliable software via software testing.
Traditional methods have proven insufficient to address these problems and hence Computational Intelligence techniques present themselves as a more appealing alternative.
Areas of Interest and ContributionsWe seek both theoretical developments and applications of Computational Intelligence to these subjects. All bio-inspired computational paradigms are welcome, mainly Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, but also Fuzzy Logic, Intelligent Agent Systems, Neural Networks, Cellular Automata, Artificial Immune Systems and others, including hybrids. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Cyber crime: anomaly detection systems, attack prevention and defence, threat forecasting systems, anti spam, antivirus systems, cyber warfare, cyber fraud
- Software testing: from security testing (zero-days, pentesting...) to GUI testing
- IT Security: Intrusion detection, behaviour monitoring, network traffic analysis, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), advanced persistent threats (APT) detection
- Resilient and self-healing systems
- Risk management: identification, prevention, monitoring and handling of risks, risk impact and probability estimation systems, contingency plans, real time risk management
- Military, counter-terrorism and other defence related aspects
- Disaster relief and humanitarian logistics
- Real-world applications of these subjects
PUBLICATION DETAILSAccepted papers will appear in the proceedings of EvoStar, published in a volume of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, which will be available at the Conference.Submissions must be original and not published elsewhere. The submissions will be peer reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. The authors of accepted papers will have to improve their paper on the basis of the reviewers comments and will be asked to send a camera ready version of their manuscripts. At least one author of each accepted work has to register for the conference and attend the conference and present the work.The reviewing process will be double-blind, please omit information about the authors in the submitted paper.
Submissions must be original and not published elsewhere. They will be peer reviewed by members of the program committee. The reviewing process will be double-blind, so please omit information about the authors in the submitted paper.
Submit your manuscript in Springer LNCS format.
Please provide up to five keywords in your Abstract
Page limit: 16 pages
- Robert K. Abercrombie Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Rami Abielmona, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Nabendu Chaki University of Calcutta, India
- Mario Cococcioni, NATO Undersea Research Centre, Italy
- Josep Domingo-Ferrer, Rovira i Virgili University, Spain
- Stenio Fernandes, Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE), Brazil
- Jose Miguel Holguín, S2 Grupo, Spain
- Frank W. Moore University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
- Maite Moreno, S2 Grupo, Spain
- Javier Montero, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Guillermo Suarez-Tangil, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
- Shamik Sural,Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Kay Chen Tan, National University of Singapore
- Vicenç Torra, University of Skövde,Sweden
- Antonio Villalón S2 Grupo, Spain
- Nur Zincir-Heywood, Dalhousie University, Canada
FURTHER INFORMATIONFurther information on the conference and co-located events can be found in: http://www.evostar.org
EvoRISK track chair
- Anna I Esparcia-Alcázar
Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 11 November 2015
(site remains open for final changes until 15 Nov)
Notification: 4 January 2016
Camera-ready: 18 January 2016
Mandatory registration per paper: 15 February Student bursary deadline: 20 February
Early registration discount: 25 February 2016
Registration deadline: 24 March
EvoStar dates: 30 March - 1 April 2016