This year, and to foster collaboration among bioinspired algorithm practitioners and help them achieve reproducibility in science, a EvoHackathon will take place the day before EvoStar.
Anyone can participate, whether they’re part of the EvoStar 2020 conference or not; the only requisite is that they want to share their code for improvement with the rest of the participants, or want to help improve other participant’s code. Tutors are alwo welcome.
The hackathon is presential, and will be hosted by the ETSII at the University of Sevilla, kindly provided by SUGUS.
April 14th, 2020, from 9:30 to 18:00
The main objective of the hackathon is to engage with code, learning best practices in reproducible software and helping others achieve that reproducibility. This will be arranged in the following schedule.
- 9:30 – 10:00 → Meet & greet
- 10:00 – 10:30 → Brief presentation: test driven development and science reprodubility.
- 10:30 – 11:00 → Project pitch: those who are bringing their code to the hackathon will make a brief introduction and a wishlist for them.
- 11:00 – 11:45 → Coffee break, and organization of teams.
- 11:45 – 14:00 → Team work
- 14:00 – 15:30 → Networking lunch onsite.
- 15:30 – 17:00 → Team work
- 17:00 – 18:00 → Project presentation
The main organizer is JJ Merelo, professor and free software developer, aided by the following tutors:
- Mario García Valdez, Tijuana Technological institute.
Register here. Registration is free.
Repository for the EvoStar 2020 hackathon, a code clinic for your metaheuristic software
This project is maintained by JJ