Posters are compulsory for short talks, Late-Breaking Abstracts and Outstanding Students wishing to candidate for the Best Student Poster award. They are optional for long talks. Onsite attendees can bring their posters in A0 size (maximum) and portrait orientation. For online attendees, please carefully read this page.
How will it work?
The online poster session will be held in Gather. The session is reserved to people registered at the conference. You may want to try downloading the Gather app (beta version); otherwise, ensure you use Google Chrome or Firefox in order to access the session (as other browsers such as Safari will not display the environment properly)
During the poster session you (or rather, your avatar) will stand next to your poster and everyone who ‘walks’ by will be able to talk to you and see your main poster (in the same way as in a poster session in the real world). People farther away will only see the preview and not be able to listen to the conversation.
Conversely, when you walk about and stand in front of a poster you will be able to talk to the person who presents the poster.
The link for the poster session will be available in the Programme Overview.
Instructions for poster formatting
When preparing your online poster please bear in mind that, in order to be better displayed on a computer screen, you should use a landscape (horizontal) orientation and not portrait (vertical). Instructions on how to resize your poster are given below.
You should prepare *two* files: one main file and a second preview (thumbnail) file (small).
Please note: Only formats allowed are .png and .jpg
- Minimum width is 1000px (26.46cm).
- Minimum height is 600px (15.88cm).
- Maximum file size is 3MB.
- No transparent background.
Preview, or “thumbnail”, file:
- A reduced version of the main poster file.
- Recommended width is half of the main file.
- Recommended height is half of the main file.
Resizing your poster to fit the dimension requirements
The most simple way to edit the dimensions of a poster is using a slideshow editor such as powerpoint or keynote. You can also prepare your poster in another way, but please remember the format must be .jpg or .png to be uploaded to Gather.
Below are step by step instructions to change your poster dimensions in PowerPoint
- Select the Design tab of the toolbar.
- Select Slide Size icon near the far right end of the toolbar.
- Select Custom Slide Size.
- Change the Width and Height to be larger than the minimum size guidelines above (26.46cm and 15.88cm), e.g. 27cm and 16cm, and click okay.
- Click Accept
- Click Ensure Fit to make sure the resizing doesn’t stretch your poster in an undesirable way.
- Repeat the process to create the preview poster with half of the width and height, e.g. 13,5cm and 8cm.
Naming your poster files
Please name the files using the conference name (EuroGP, EvoAPPS, EvoCOP EvoMUSART, EML or LBA), the paper ID, and the presenter’s last name.
Add “_OS” if you have been nominated as an Outstanding Student.
Add “_small” for your thumbnail document.
Paper id: 125
Presenter’s Name: Hedy LAMARR
Outstanding Student? YES
–> Main Filename: EuroGP_125_LAMARR_OS.png
–> Small Filename: EuroGP_125_LAMARR_OS_small.png
Ready? You can upload your poster now!
Please use this form: https://forms.gle/PcygrHNPaGMzJTs26
Deadline for uploading:
April 13th (extended deadline: April 18th)