With around 400.000 inhabitants and 800.000 people living in its greater the metropolitan area, Brno is the second largest city in the Czech Republic by population and area. It is the largest Moravian city and the historical capital city of the Margraviate of Moravia.
Brno is a major administrative centre and the seat of the judicial authority of the Czech Republic.
The city is a major tourist destination with its large exhibition and trade fair centre, the Masaryk Racing Circuit, the Spilberk castle and fortress, and the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul.
Major tourist attractions
If you would like to spend some additional time in Brno, you could visit the following sights:
- Freedom Square (Náměstí Svobody)
- Špilberk Castle (Hrad Špilberk)
- Petrov Cathedral and Church of St. James
- Denis gardens (Denisovy sady) and Lužánky park (Park lužánky)
- Villa Tugendhat
- Brno Racing Circuit
- Various Museums and Galeries
- Brno City Website: https://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
- Wikitravel page of Brno: https://wikitravel.org/en/Brno
- GoTo Brno Tourist Information: https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
- Sightseeing in Brno: https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/explore-brno/
- Tripadvisor Activities In Brno: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g274714-Activities-Brno_South_Moravian_Region_Moravia.html